September 13, 2012

A Low Dream

Last night I had a low dream.  This was a first for me.

I was in a library, on the top floor, and came to a large staircase.  I had a book in my hand and started to walk down the stairs so I could check it out.  After a few steps down everything started becoming fuzzy.  I couldn't move my legs to continue down the stairs or to get back up to the top.  I couldn't get any words out to let people know that I may need help.  Black spots were appearing in my vision and all I knew was I needed some sugar or I was going to fall down this huge flight of stairs.

Then I woke up.

I was sweaty.  My heart was racing.  I tested my blood sugar and it was good.  Totally normal.  Hmm...

I'm not sure what brought this dream about, but here are some ideas I came up with.

  • My room was hot causing the sweatiness, which reminded me of being low causing the dream.
  • It was just a nightmare about a huge fear of mine.  The fear caused the sweat and heart pounding.
  • I was low and my adrenaline kicked in bringing my blood sugar up to normal by the time I woke up.

Either way it was super scary.

Have you ever had a low dream?  Did you end up really being low?

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, thinking about this scenario totally freaks me out!

    ReplyDelete